Updated: Oct 27
Veterinary Facebook Page
Initially, when you create your veterinary Facebook page, it will have a messy link with a long string of numbers, making it impossible to brand and share your veterinary Facebook page link with your clients. This is an example of a default link facebook.com/pages/ABC-Veterinary-Clinic/277109989460
Fortunately, Facebook has an option where you can shorten your Facebook link to match your brand and to be easily shared. So for example your veterinary Facebook page link would go from facebook.com/pages/ABC-Veterinary-Clinic/277109989460 to facebook.com/ABCveterinaryclinic.
These are the steps you need to follow:
1. Ensure that your page has over 25 fans as this is the minimum number that qualifies.
2. Log into your Facebook page, and click on the following link https://www.facebook.com/username
3. Facebook will force you to log in personally, however, you will see a drop-down menu where you can select your Facebook Page
4. Choose a name that matches your brand (and choose carefully as you cannot change it afterward)
5. Now with your shortened link in hand, add your Veterinary Facebook Page link it to all of your client handouts and marketing material – increasing your social network and furthering your practice brand.
Our tips, tricks, and expert advice
How can a vet clinic shorten its Facebook link to match the brand?
A vet clinic can shorten its Facebook link using the username feature. After accumulating 25 fans, visit facebook.com/username and select a brand-aligned name.
What are the steps to change a veterinary clinic's Facebook link?
1) Gather at least 25 fans. 2) Log into the clinic's Facebook page. 3) Visit facebook.com/username. 4) Select the page from the drop-down menu. 5) Choose a brand-matching name.
How can a shortened Facebook link benefit a veterinary practice?
A shortened Facebook link aligns with the practice's brand, is easily shareable with clients, and can boost social network presence and branding efforts.
For more practice management tips, tricks, and expert advice, bookmark the DVMelite blog and check back often for fresh content.