DVMelite began in the dusty grain markets of India while Dr. Warren was working as a veterinarian to mend the wounds and health of camels used for local transportation.
These camel owners were small business people just like our more familiar veterinary practice owners in North America, and though the environment they worked in was vastly different, the same fundamental business challenges faced both parties…
The idea was sudden:
If something were to happen to a camel, the entire livelihood of the camel driver to support his extended family in the village is completely destroyed…leaving him and his family perilously vulnerable.
And the shuddering pivot thought also occurred: “This isn’t that much different to all the small businesses in North America, living a hair’s breadth away from going into the negative…”
– Dr. Michael Warren, Managing Director
In that moment Dr. Warren realized there were two ways to make a difference:
- Dedicate his personal labor towards supporting the camels for example (as he was at that moment)
- OR build an organization which could develop the resources to make a potentially larger impact.
As a veterinarian, Dr. Warren realized that veterinary clinics were the exact kind of small business that needed the help, so with entrepreneurial zeal he plunged into building a team and a business model with 3 purposes:
- Transform the often stagnating business of veterinary clinics into a model which provides success for the owner, staff, and the community
- Build an internal team and culture which could create real positive impact in the world
- Integrate the process of social contribution directly into the business model, so that not only veterinary practices, but entrepreneurs around the world could benefit from the success in the form of micro credit loans funded on behalf of each client.
This kernel of a dream has since attracted the exceptionally talented team which quickly went to work identifying the major obstacles preventing practice owners and their teams from being fully successful, and the key opportunities which would dramatically improve the pet owner / clinic experience.
Having now worked intimately with hundreds of veterinary practices DVMelite has delivered over 929 success stories and $300,000 of micro credit loans to over 1,600 eager entrepreneurs around the world.
But this is just the beginning, as the DVMelite team is as passionate as ever to find those fellow entrepreneurs willing and ready to make a difference, and provide them with strategy and tactics proven to completely transform their business.
Join us on this exciting journey, to transform your business, your team, and ultimately to make a real impact in your local community…